Thyroid disease is a broad term for a medical problem in which your thyroid fails to produce enough hormones. Normally, your thyroid produces hormones that keep your body running smoothly. Iodine deficiency, an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the thyroid, resulting in hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, inflammation. Medical treatments such as radiation therapy, thyroid surgery, or hereditary disorders are common causes of thyroid disorders.
Here are some ways to manage your thyroid through consuming proper nutrients:
• Increase iodine intake
• Don't follow crash diets
• Eat in small amounts at frequent intervals
• Don't starve yourself
• Improve anti-oxidants in food
• Consult a doctor for supplements
• Maintain a healthy weight
• To maintain a balanced diet, consume a variety of fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables.
• Drink plenty of water every day, at least 10-12 glasses.
• 45 minutes of daily exercise is recommended.